2 Beds 2 Baths 1,717 Sq.Ft.
Your search is over for the picture-perfect private country retreat - only 90 minutes from NYC! This exquisite, converted stone carriage house, surrounded by 3.1 bucolic acres, comes complete with a 1790’s post and beam barn moved from Vermont. This very special home features expansive windows and skylights throughout which bring nature inside along with an open floor plan and new, wide solid oak floors (2015). The newly remodeled kitchen (2015) features an island with a rear door to an enormous, covered portico – perfect for entertaining. The spacious dining room looks into the kitchen and the great room, which is breathtaking with a wood burning fireplace, soaring 26' ceiling and a wall of windows looking out on the private back property. The first-floor bedroom was remodeled in 2015 with an added full bath and a stunning wall of stone. Upstairs is the primary bedroom suite with French doors leading out to a deck that overlooks the property and barn. There is a full bath with tub/shower and more incredible views. The second floor also has two loft areas which can be used for an office or guest room or converted to additional closet space. The entire home was painted inside and out in 2022 and a new water heater just added. The barn could be used as a garage, workshop, home gym, recreation space or all of these! 30+ evergreens have been planted on the property over the years for complete privacy. This is a once-in-thirty years opportunity to own a remarkable property.
FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS
· Stone Carriage House, surrounded by 3.1 private acres, first time for sale in 30 years
· Open floor plan with soaring 26 ft ceiling, skylights, exposed interior stone walls, with loft/office space on 2nd floor landing
· Primary bedroom with French doors and deck overlooking property and barn
· Circa 1790’s post and beam barn moved to the property from Vermont
· Over 30 evergreens planted on the property for privacy
· Original stone walls surrounding property
· Large covered portico, great for entertaining
· Hoffman Fuel/Furnace installed 2004/ last serviced April 2022
· Wood shingle roof replaced 17 years ago on the house, replaced 12 years ago on barn and portico.
· Skylights and water heater room resealed Aug 2023
· Remodel of Kitchen and downstairs bath in 2015
· New white oak floors installed downstairs in May 2015
· Mini-split system for heating & cooling installed in Primary Bedroom 2017
· Underground oil tank removed with permits in 2000 (paperwork available)
· Floors upstairs and down sanded and coated March 2022
· All gutters replaced April 2022
· House painted inside and out May 2022
· Pergola repaired April 2022 (all rotting wood replaced)
· Front French Doors replaced July 2022
· Water Heater replaced September 2023
· Septic emptied August 2023
7,447 people live in Easton, where the median age is 52.4 and the average individual income is $79,703. Data provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Population Density Population Density This is the number of people per square mile in a neighborhood.
Average individual Income
Nestled in Fairfield County, epitomizes the quintessence of New England charm and rural beauty.VIEW NEIGHBORHOOD